TheBanyanTree: Dogged by a Sirius Star

B Drummond redd_clay at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 29 08:41:58 PDT 2006

Seems like there's a slow down in the works here at home today.

We're in the dog days of summer and will be until around mid-August. The
temperatures and humidity are up and finding the energy to do work-related
things is . . . well, not coming "naturally".

I've been gung-ho so far this summer when it comes to work projects but today
I feel like I'm going through a natural hangover.  I don't think I could even
find the gumption to lay on the coach and read.  I'd probably be asleep
before I could finish the first page.

I feel like an old hound that moves from shade to shade, sleeping under
the porch day and night, too lazy to even stretch when getting up and coming
out from his hidey place only to urinate. If he barks at all it's at best
half-heartedly at strangers that were rude enough to wake him from his sleep.
If anything does rouse him he, without fail, slowly disappears back to his
lair and settles back into doggie dreamland.

Yeah, that's me today, running slow as an anemic hound dog after an all night
coon hunt.

  bd
     ----