TheBanyanTree: A True Narrative....

Sharon Mack smack58 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jul 29 10:25:25 PDT 2006

I left work early and I went to my therapy appointment.  It was raining cats
& dogs as I drove and I had to park a bit away from the building.  I had an
umbrella but I'm wearing a long denim dress and the bottom got soaked.  A
car drove by as I was crossing the street and splashed me and I stepped back
into a puddle with sandals on.  I got to my appointment and found out (once
more) it had been cancelled and they 'forgot' to call me.  I bitched and
opened my umbrella in the direction of the window, hoping I got someone or
something wet.   I went back out and it was still raining cats and dogs and
I made it to my car with nary a mishap.

When I got home it seemed like it might slow down.  I stalled Fruby as long
as I could but when he started barking at the door, I figured I didn't have
a choice. Pugsey was his usual patient self hating the rain almost as much
as he hates the snow.  I hooked up the dogs, grabbed my umbrella, put on my
galoshes and stepped out the door.  As I went down the steps of the deck the
umbrella blew inside out.  At that point I gave up and threw it in the trash
can and just walked the dogs.  The wind was whipping and the rain was
pouring.  I was soaked, the dogs were soaked.  It seemed to take forever.

At last we came in.  I dried off the dogs (it took two big towels) and got
me a hot shower.  Now I am sitting down to a large piece of watermelon to
sweeten my sour mood.  After this, I think I will go eat the rest of the
orange sherbet.