TheBanyanTree: Heartbreak Hill

Tobie Shapiro tobie at shpilchas.net
Sat Jan 21 13:22:01 PST 2006

January 21, 200006

Dear Maria, and dear youz guyz,

	My favourite apple is:  The Arkansas Black

	Not your usual apple.  It is deep dark dark red, roundish,
and firm with extremely dense and sweet flesh.  Very old fashioned
apple.  Very tasty.  Probably only comes in the organic variety.  I
can get them for a couple months at my local mom and pop grocery
store that has a rarified produce manager.  The Arkansas Blacks just
went out of season a few weeks ago.  I miss them.

	As for the one more turn up this summit:  Honey, there is a
little bit of Sisyphus in all of us.  If there weren't, there would
be nothing but only children, no one would get married again, and no
one would ever finish elementary school.  Certainly if there were no
sisyphus complex, there would be no psychotherapy.  One
disappointment would be all it took to silence us forever, and people
would die happy at whatever age the Lord saw fit to take them.  We
owe a lot to Sisyphus.

	Love,

	Tobie

--