TheBanyanTree: La la la I'm not listening

Pam North pam.north at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 05:04:49 PST 2006

oh dear.... *I* have those issues, but I also happen to be the birth mom.
Which entitles me to SLAP THE CRAP out of the lazy bodies!!!!!!!!!  Okay,
ok.  I haven't slapped anybody in *years*!!!! ;)

You my dear, are moaning the same blues of parents all over the world who
own teenagers!!!!  My seventeen year old daughter is a very focused,
responsible young lady.  She is in the honor society, and very active at
school and socially.  I think I've raised somebody who might be a productive
member of society.

BUT!!!  That has NOTHING to do with dishes or laundry or vacuuming or
CHORES!!!!  If I ask, she might help out.  Every once in a great big blue
moon (two-and-a-half years?!?!), she might get a wild hair and do something
totally unrequested.  And I praise and praise, hoping she'll see the good
and repeat it.  It doesn't work.

And my fourteen year old son?!?!  Get real!!!!  Once I FINALLY get him to do
something, I can expect a total half-assed effort!  Just *barely* enough to
say he did it, but not nearly enough to say it done.  So we go back and
forth and back and forth.  It turns out to be less heartache to do it
myself!!!!!!!!

So yeah.  Welcome to parenting of teens!!!!  Just know you're not alone.
One question though... where's the dad??  While you, as a 'wicked
step-mother' might not get great results, is there *any* chance that dear
old dad can motivate this child?!?!?!?!  I don't happen to have one in
residence.  That's my excuse!  ;-D

Pam