TheBanyanTree: La la la I'm not listening

Scott Daniels scotrace at mac.com
Sun Jan 15 08:37:46 PST 2006

>I guess it's just a matter of maintaining boundaries so I don't resent
>her when I come home after a stressful 10-hour day and listen to her
>talk about sleeping in late, watching telly, shopping or just being
>bored while I do the dishes, wash her clothes, etc etc.   Cripes!   Does
>anyone have a mantra I can chant?

Well, no... but you may find it intensely unhelpful to remember that this same person will be making nursing home decisions about you one day.  <g>

My oldest is just entering the teens, and she's been stubbornly lazy since age 6. Even 'your room is just plain germy. A petri dish with nice wallpaper and a playstation' gets the blank look. We're thinking of Boarding School. Or maybe that Civil War Camp thingy.

Best of luck,

Scott

(must stop just hitting "reply")