TheBanyanTree: Month of Sundays

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 9 01:27:08 PST 2006

It almost feels foreign to be home on a Sunday.  I've spent most of the
last five weekends, except Christmas, out of town.  And Christmas was so
crazy and filled with events and people that it could in no way be
confused with a normal routine.   Being an over thinker, I'm struck that
the one place I should feel the most in place and the most serenely
comfortable actually feels as if I have landed squarely on the moon.
Weird with no place to go.

My God, why do I have to be such a high maintenance person emotionally
and yet be so hard to reach?  I spend a lot of time, it seems, laying
low on the radar, walking along with my head just barely beneath the
surface.  I'm aloof.  I'll sit on the fence and not make waves, I'll
drift along because it's easiest.  I write my passions, I dream my
passions, I think my passions but I rarely show my passions on the
surface.  Very easy, indeed, to not have to connect and therefore not
get hurt.  I don't even know how to be any different until I get to know
someone and trust that they will accept me the way I am which is about
as opposite as opposite can get when compared to the daily
disengagement.  I can swing back and forth and suddenly erupt in an
emotional volcano.  I'm prone to crying when my heart is touched and
most especially when my feelings are hurt.  On the daily front, I don't
let the things that hurt me most show on the outside.  If it hurts me a
great deal, those who deal with me on a daily basis are likely to never
know.  What is that?  How can that solve anything?  I go away hurt and
run the tape in my head over and over again until I come to some
conclusion on my own, finally resting someplace I can breath without the
sharp tack of doubt piercing my flesh.  I think I've done this all my
life as it worked better than confrontation.  I hate being yelled at or
being around negativity and I think I'd do just about anything to not
risk enduring it.  Like disconnect on the surface.  The passion,
however, swings the other way as well.  I can be extremely loving and
physically passionate getting lost in the moment and wanting to never
come back.  Like a large and crazy pendulum, I can do both ends.
Onlookers, however, will swear the clock stopped running.

Anyway, I spent most of Sunday at home.

Maria