TheBanyanTree: Politics and the Tree

Sachet sachet at alltel.net
Sun Dec 31 10:30:21 PST 2006

Ya'll know that the Tree is not the preferred place for political rants,
even if you try to hide them in a "story". Just because some people
don't respond to other's opinions, that doesn't mean they agree. They
are most likely more politely disinclined to add fuel to what could
easily turn into a fire. Or possibly, people who have a history of
ranting with rude political diatribes are automatically placed in the
Trash folder, and never read, no matter what they write, because of loss
of respect for the writer.

The very moderators of the Tree *greatly* differ in their political
beliefs due to personal preferences and the various countries in which
we live.

Point being? Since the moderators keep our personal opposing political
viewpoints out of the Tree, we would require the same consideration.
Tree history has proven how destructive political rants and debates are
for one and all.

Respect is what makes the difference.

...Sachet