TheBanyanTree: Full Moon Rising

B Drummond redd_clay at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 3 07:47:13 PST 2006

I'm looking forward to a full moon rising.  It should rise as a
full moon around 3:30 in the afternoon when our weather is
expected to be cold and clear -- perfect weather for watching
the moon peek above the horizon and work its way across
the sky.  It will stay out all night and set when it will already daylight
tomorrow around 6:15 a.m.

My moon clock program says that the age of the present moon phase is at 13.67
days and 44.9 percent of the way through its roughly 28 day cycle. It says
that it's presently at 97.5 percent of full illumination.

While this moon will not be as spectacular as some in the last couple of
months, it should be impressive against a backdrop of the predicted clear and
cold weather skies. It will be the last full moon before winter sets in the
third week in December.

Sometimes I just get crazy about a certain full moon and look forward to
experiencing one.  Sometimes I want to sleep out under a full moon and watch
its trek across the sky.  Those are times I watch for meteors and make life
plans -- and dream.  Sometimes I want it to never go down. I want it
to hang up there clear of the trees and cast its soft, reflected fluorescence
on my world forever.

For I've come to believe, that for me, some things never look better than when
under the influence of full moon light.

  bd
    ----