TheBanyanTree: I'm NOT CHUCK

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Mon Apr 10 12:42:38 PDT 2006

My most interesting one was a drunk maniac calling me at 2 am when my
then-husband was out of town, when I was home alone, and the phone rang,
waking me, and I didn't get to it before the machine picked up, back in the
days when there were answering machines, and as I stumbled to the phone half
asleep, the message that was being left for me was something like this:

"You're going to die, you ***** ****** ****** ******, I know what you're up

I wasn't sure who the message was for, as I wasn't mentioned by name (at
least not by my given name, though I was addressed by several other
non-complimentary names), but I was pretty sure it wasn't me. Pretty sure,
but then again . . . I kept my five dogs close for the rest of the night
while we waited for dawn, hoping not to be killed while we should have been
asleep.

Maybe he was looking for the same person Dee's caller was.

Scott Daniels wrote:

My most startling wrong message was a death threat!