TheBanyanTree: personal revelations: ten things I have learned

Sachet sachet at alltel.net
Tue Apr 4 13:17:41 PDT 2006

A cell phone suddenly vibrating in your lap whilst driving can either be
really alarming or very entertaining.

Speed gardening kinda defeats the purpose of the hobby. It's really
ooooooookkkkkk if it takes 2 hours to weed one seemingly (misleadingly)
small section.

Pristine flower beds do not go hand in hand with a puppy who loves to
dig; be it in the dirt, mulch or brick chips, thereby mixing them all
together with no hope of ever returning them to their original
individual spots. Shrugging and grinning are mandatory tricks of the trade.

The more ideas I have, the less time I have to implement them.

God made teenagers, specifically teenage boys, so that we can actually
start looking forward to experiencing the empty nest syndrome, instead
of dreading it.

Keeping my heart transparent before myself and Christ is a day to day
lifelong challenge,  and one with which I struggle because control is
(after all) *everything* but He's much better at it than I will ever be.

The sandpaper people in my life are the abrasive irritants I need to
keep me humbly aware that I too am as sandpaper to others, as much as I
would really, REALLY prefer to be soft velvet always and forever.

Don't start the uber long uber steep trail at the tip-top of the
mountain, even though the view may be incredible going down, because you
always have to cLiMb back up to your car and you have no uber strength
left at that point.

For a free, simple and very effective aerobic workout, change every
single smoke alarm battery in your home; because no matter how much you
THINK you are braced for the test screech, it gets you every single damn
time.

Setting goals and obtaining them is good. Contemplating long-held dreams
and nudging them into reality is even better.

......Sachet