TheBanyanTree: I'm Looking for a Four Leaf Clover

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Sep 25 05:58:21 PDT 2005

We flirted with rain most of the day yesterday and then after dark, the
skies opened up and it came pouring down.  The rain was accompanied by an
amazing show of lightning and punctuated with thunder.  Our dreams were
illuminated by hot flashes of light.

Most of the furniture has moved from the top level to the middle level of
our home.  Unfortunately, the furniture couldn’t move by itself, so I spent
a good share of the cloudy morning carrying boxes and pieces of furniture
downstairs and into the useless living room.  We have some big pieces left,
like the couch, my huge wooden desk, and our bedroom set, but we’re planning
to move those from room to room as they lay the carpet.

Our family room is on the lower level, which is a walk-out, and since it’s
supposed to be nice tomorrow, we’re planning to move that furniture out on
the patio.  Ray has a monster desk which weighs as least 10,000 pounds (or
so it seems), and we’ll have to drag that outside, too.

If it’s nice out tomorrow, then besides moving furniture to accommodate the
carpet guys, then we can cut the grass and do a little weeding to give our
home a little extra “curb appeal” for our Wednesday listing.

Boy, this is a lot of work, and I sure hope it pays off.

I’d like to switch gears and tell a cute grandson story.  It was beautiful
last Sunday, sunny and warm, and marvelous.  Susan called me just after the
pitiful Vikings were done playing and wanted me to meet her and the boys at
a park nearby my house.  My son usually abandons his family on football
Sundays and hangs out with his friends in a bar drowning their Purple Pride
in massive amounts of beer.

We met at the park.  Susan and I sat in the sun while the boys played on the
playground equipment.  Then we walked over the pond and fed the geese some
bread, which I think we’re not supposed to do, but I forgot why.  We
wandered back to the playground and sprawled out in the grass.

There was clover all over the place and Susan and I told the older grandson
(who is six) about the hours and hours we spent as children looking for four
leaf clovers and never found one.  So he started searching and in about two
minutes, he had picked a clover, and said he had found one.  Sure enough, it
was a four leaf clover!  What a lucky boy!  I kept it and it’s being pressed
in one of my books.

Now back to moving furniture . . .

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.bpwmn.org

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.  ~Mark Twain