TheBanyanTree: The Heat is On

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 06:00:00 PDT 2005

It really isn’t that chilly this morning; the temperature is 55 degrees, but
it’s cloudy and a bit windy, and the house’s inside temperature is under 70
degrees.  For some reason my body knows when it’s under 70 and all my cells
begin to freeze together and I can’t do anything, because I’m too cold.

I’d like to turn on the furnace, but it’s not THAT cold, and with the
projected cost of heating our homes this winter promises to be astronomical,
I almost hate to use my furnace this year, no matter how cold it gets.

So I managed to find one of our space heaters and have that going full blast
towards my body.  I’m wearing a “hoodie,” too, so I’m thawed out and ready
to take on the day.

This day is going to be a busy one.  Our new carpeting will be installed on
Monday, so Ray and I will spend most of today and maybe tomorrow moving
furniture around to get ready.  It’s almost like moving itself, since we
have to pack up stuff and shift it to other rooms.

We need to cut the grass, rake up some leaves, clean the oven and
refrigerator again, and organize a couple of closets to get ready to list
our house on Wednesday.  I think if the house doesn’t go in the next three
months, then we’ll sell it to an investment and move on.  I don’t think
either one of us wants to wait until the market is better.  We’ll see.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.bpwmn.org

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.  ~Mark Twain