TheBanyanTree: Animal Stories

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 21 20:00:05 PDT 2005

Two horses stood in the field.  As if I weren't there, as if there
weren't a mile long length of cars whizzing by, these two horses stood
in slow motion nuzzling necks and not noticing any of the rest of us.
They loved and nuzzled and ignored.

Two women with strollers stood face to face talking.  The babies faced
one another, the ladies faced one another, they faced the traffic.  The
dog was simply trying to take a shit without being embarrassed and was
failing.

Stephen told me he couldn't see me.  He came in the bar I was in, not
writing a paper all night long, not being so busy he had not a moment to
spare, not being what he had bothered to portray.  Apparently, he lied.

Maria