TheBanyanTree: Alone

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 20 19:59:01 PDT 2005

I'm not sure what it takes or what it takes away....but going into a bar
alone is a very intimidating thing.  In a group you are either in the
front line scouting party or in the behind the lines infantry but alone
you are the whole war.  There is no one to hide behind.

What I have learned is that with each time, it gets a little easier.
I'm not sure why but it seems to get harder to explain to, though, to
those with large enough gonads to ask, that a lone woman is not
necessarily there to pick up a guy.  Why is it that a gal can't be there
for the same reason a guy can, to relax and have a brewsky and think?
Is it because a man is always there for sex or because a man is always
at the ready for sex even when not trying?  I can't quite figure it out
but it isn't a show stopper so I guess it doesn't really matter.  I'm
there not looking for sex and most times, realistically, I will have to
explain those motives or the lack of those motives.  It may not be fair
but it is what I have found it to be real.

I love the people I meet more and more.  Tonight I met a girl who is in
the same position I have found myself to be in many times.  I'm not sure
why she put me in her cell contact list just moments upon meeting me,
but she did.  I don't know if she found a like soul or if she found me a
non-threat, non-competitor for many and sundry reasons, but it seems we
have a date on Thursday.

In either case, I won't be alone on Thursday.

Maria