TheBanyanTree: What were they thinking?

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 10 17:30:38 PDT 2005

> I mean,  look at it this way:  I was a chick.  That meant, by
> definition that I needed picking up.

Yeah, I've found several times in my new found bar career, that a girl
alone in a bar with nothing better to do is apparently looking for Guy
#1 and then Guy #2  and she is sitting there praying one of them will
speak to her.  And anything she might be doing is nothing better to do
in comparison to waiting for one of these knights in shining armor to
come to her rescue.  I generally  just sit there and  watch the tv (I
like sports bars) and have a beer.  Sometimes a bar buddy will sit with
me and we'll shoot the breeze or I'll joke around with the bartender.
I've also had my share of 'hit' attempts.

Of course, there are those times I've engaged in the conversation with
#1 or #2 which could have confused any innocent onlookers and may have
helped perpetuate the whole 'girls need picking up' misconception.

Sorry, ladies.

Maria