TheBanyanTree: Orange

Mark Funk MARK at arboretum.umn.edu
Tue Oct 25 07:22:58 PDT 2005

Orange was the color of the day this morning at the Arboretum.

I arrived earlier than usual and decided to check on a project toward the back of "3 Mile Drive."

As I turned onto the drive the rising sun shot orange arrows of color through the trees and the remaining leaves that were mostly red and yellow.  The combination was an orange glow.

The road itself was covered with a thick layer of fallen leaves except for a narrow path marking the path of other cars.

Turning a corner at the top of a hill I could see a bright orange reflection of the trees reflected on a small pond by the early light.

As I emerged into a open area of the path I saw several "weeping trees" covered by frost, a light fog over the low areas, and frost on all of the grassy areas.  Despite the beauty of the trees and early morning sun, the frost, fog, and weeping added a touch of blue.

Mark