TheBanyanTree: Resplendent

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 25 05:54:45 PDT 2005

October days, days which can't decide if they are going to be warm or
cold.  Because it was so warm so late the leaves aren't as colorful but
they are still falling.  They know their job is to go quietly to the
ground and they do it well.   They fall under sky blue skies, stirring
and scattering helplessly but not without purpose in the breeze.

With the absence of humidity comes a clarity of air, of atoms, of self.
Swept up into the arms of autumn, we relinquish and anticipate with
equal abandon, licking wounds clean for a time of healing.  Browning
grasses and blooms long withered will nourish a new season but in this
beginning of the end that seems like lifetimes away.  This here and now
is the best it can be.

What joy to behold a turning of the seasons!  Aging surrounds us and we
must be still in order to appreciate that a march of time is in itself
the gift.  Herein lie the secrets of youth and, truly, we must turn in
our own season and abandon youth in order to know it for what it was and
what it did.  The curling of a leaf as it attempts to leave the branch,
the gentle release so that a journey under sky blue skies can begin and
the stirring and scattering can commence.

October days; promise and compromise.

Maria