TheBanyanTree: Fwd: UPS Strikes Again

PJMoney pmon3694 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 22 03:13:52 PST 2005

> To this
> day, I get mail for my father and he's been dead
> for nine years.

Hah!  I can go one better than that.  We've been living in this house for
over ten years.  Before that it was a rental property in which dwelled four
young men (and it looked like it when we moved in, I can tell you).

These four young fellows seem to have all taken out insurance policies, or
at least made enquiries about taking out policies, with the same company and
then, I dunno, stopped paying or something.  But the insurance company kept
their names and this address on their likely contacts list.

So the letters for them came.  We marked them, "No longer at this address.
Return to sender."  The letters kept coming.  We kept marking them and
sending them back.

Last year we gave up.  Last week we got yet another letter for one of the
four from the same wretched insurance company.  It went in the bin.

Of course it's not Australia Post's fault that the insurance company has
failed to update its name and address database in ten years. So maybe I
haven't gone one better after all.

Janice