TheBanyanTree: Fwd: Re: Fun with Names

Tobie Shapiro tobie at shpilchas.net
Thu Nov 3 08:28:44 PST 2005

November 3, 200000005

Dearies,

	Okay.  I am going to let loose with the cluster of names I
discovered on one memorable stroll through the Oakland phone book.
This was a while ago, so some of these people may have expired of
their names by now.

	You should know that there was a man in the Oakland phone
book for many many years whose name was:

E. Pluribus Eubanks

	When he died, the local news carried it, bemoaning the end of an era.

	Here are other names:

Neely Slinkard
Lucky J. Owyang
Uglers Sisty
Wanchai Chukasamsuk

	I once fancied listing myself as, "Garnet Helfen", which in
Yiddish means, "It won't do you any good", but there are rules about
listing yourself with a fictitious name.  Rats.

	In my own family, the first generation in America had these
(and other) names:

Sora Bryna
Ruchel Bunya
Frahdl