TheBanyanTree: Hannah Makes A Friend

Pam North pam.north at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 06:49:10 PDT 2005

After we got done with the fencing today, I finally came home to spray
my roses, read about my camera, shower, etc.  Then Dina called to ask
to use the computer, and when she got there we were talking, and then
there was a knock on the door.

It was Diane!  She got restless after feeding the kids and started
having withdrawals from me being more than thirty inches away (it's a
joke between us!), so she decided to take Beau for a walk.

She came in through the garage which was open, and which is the way
MOST folks come into my house.  The garage is on the side and it's a
long walk around to the front door.  The door from the garage opens
into the laundry room which is right off of the kitchen.

I opened the door and let them in, and the Rat was right with me.  I
never gave it a thought!  Until the Rat jumped up and ATTACKED poor
Beau!  All four claws jumped onto the poor pup's face and she went
berserk!  I yelled and got her off, and Diane backed out into the
garage with the wounded puppy.  Okay, not TOO wounded.  His ears got a
few scratches.  I got the Rat and threw her into Molly's room and shut
the door.  ANTISOCIAL SLUT!!!  Then I went back to get Diane and Beau,
and I had to use a dog treat to get Beau back in!!  He ain't stupid!

Then I went to bring Hannah in from outside and introduce her.  Diane
was concerned.  She wanted to make sure that *I* was going to be the
one to break them up.  (Did she think ALL my animals were..
animals?!?!?)  I assured her that Hannah was harmless, and the mutt
proved it for me.  Hannah wouldn't hurt a flea, and that's probably
mostly because she'd have to expend too  much energy!

She was adorable to watch!  She wanted to be friends, and Beau was
scared to death.  Hannah actually laid right down in front of him on
the kitchen floor and rolled on her back and lay there with all her
worldly goods exposed, and Beau just looked at her.  (Okay.  ALL my
animals are cheap and easy!!)  Hannah and the cat play 'chase',
running in circles between the kitchen, living room and den.... It's a
big circle.  And she was barking at him and trying to get him to chase
her, or she'd chase him.  Eventually they came to an agreement to be
together, but Beau didn't want much to do with her.

So, with Dina on the computer, Diane left to go home and I jumped in
the shower.  Then I was going back to eat, so I just got Hannah and
threw her in the car and took her with me.  What a difference a few
minutes makes!

Beau was ALL ABOUT Hannah once he was in his own home!  He was on his
back deck when we came in and I gave Zach Hannah's lead to take her
out as well.  She had hardly stepped onto the deck, and Beau was on
top of her!!!!!  He wouldn't leave her alone!  He was all about
getting 'done' by this old hag dog who couldn't care less!!  He was
constantly following her and jumping on her, and she just let him.

It was hilarious to watch!  And occasionally they'd take a break and
both would just lay down.  Or they'd share the water bowl.  Beau with
his entire face submerged, and Hannah dangling ears in the mess.
Cute, cute, cute!!

So, I guess Hannah will start making the trek with me all the time
from now on.  After all, we can always  throw them out into the fenced
yard!!!!  ;-)

Pam