TheBanyanTree: My January Saturday

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Jan 23 06:26:25 PST 2005

My newspaper was buried in the snow.  But I found it just in time for
breakfast.

I started the laundry.

Ray, with lungs being assaulted by bronchitis, used the extremely large and
heavy snowblower to clear off our 2,000 mile long driveway.

I filled the birdfeeders.

Ray collapsed on the couch the rest of the afternoon.

I finished up the snow removal.  I raked the roof and shoveled out a path
from our front door.

I paid bills.

I moved 330+ songs from my CDs onto my ipod.  I now have over 1,000 songs –
almost three days worth of music!  I love my ipod.

I put pictures into our “main” photo album.  I also updated the grandsons’
albums.  I keep separate albums for each of them.

Ray made dinner – grilled cheese sandwiches and macaroni and cheese, in
other words, 23 Weight Watchers points.  I’m allotted 24 points per day!
That’s why I love that kind of food, because it’s so fattening.
Fortunately, I had most of my bonus points left for this week, so I should
be OK.  But why does Ray stay thin and I gain weight?  Life isn’t fair.

We watched Minnesota Gophers basketball, Antiques Roadshow, Trading Spaces,
and the Minnesota Timberwolves before I finally went off to bed.

That’s way too much TV for me.  But I did manage to finish a book – “A Hole
in the Universe” by Mary McGarry Morris.  It was very good.

I feel asleep wrapped in my warm flannel sheets.  The temperature dropped to
zero overnight, but we stayed warm and snug in our bed.

I love these kinds of days.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.
--Aristotle