TheBanyanTree: True Story!

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:37:04 PST 2005

Prompt from another site:

If all of a sudden all money became useless and whatever you had the
most of made you wealthy, what are you rich with?

************************

Kids!  I am rich with kids....

When I was trying to buy a house a few years ago, the bank came to see
me here at work.  They told me they were pleased with my credit rating
and that the price of the house was right but there was one problem.
They couldn't see any investments, savings or assets...did I have
any???

I said, "I sure do have investments!  I have one investment in
Baltimore and she works for Black & Decker making six figures a year.  I
have another investment and she is married to a young man whose family
owns a very successful appliance business in Eldersburg, Maryland, for
which she works.  My third investment is in Cuba currently working for
the Coast Guard.......... and then there's the youngest investment.....
he plays in a band.  He's the drummer but he also plays guitar and
keyboards and though he doesn't know it, he's got a dynomite voice to
boot.  My newest and latest investment is in my fourteen year old
Grandson.  He gets straight A's and will probably be a rocket scientist
or a computer guru when he grows up."

"Savings???'  I have savings, I save everytime I go to the grocery
store by creating a menu against their sales and cashing in on the 'Buy
One Get One Free."  I also have savings when I clip the coupons and use
them with the sale items so my savings really soar.  I save by livng in
a small low rent duplex owned by my good friend, Eda.  I also save when
I grow my own herbs and vegetables or go to 'pick you own' farms for
fruit.  I save when I can, I save when I freeze and I save when I
preserve by drying my herbs."

"Assets?  Well, most people say that those are my loyalty and
friendship and my ability to stand alone when I have to, with no help
from anyone."

I did not qualify for the mortgage loan.  However, the loan officer did
smile as she wrote across the page 'ineligible'....and then she shook my
hand!