TheBanyanTree: Elefunts & Spring

Spoonoid at cs.com Spoonoid at cs.com
Fri Feb 25 15:52:16 PST 2005

Spoonoids:

    Dee was kind enough last week to post her clever descriptions of the
environmental surroundings of The Banyan Tree, and not demand at the same time
that we all start including our positions, situations, locations and elevations
among the branches every time we speak out. Well, I vote we should throw in a
remark now and then about where we are hanging out in the Tree. I am swinging
(gently) in my hammock about 30 feet up on the south inside perimeter above the
central park. When I arrived this afternoon, I ordered a nachos plate and a
cold Dos Equis, which I see coming toward me now, carried on a tray by Blue
Gilbert, my old friend and most leathery of the elefunts what works here as
waiters. Thanks, Gil, that's really fast service today. Gil says business has been
a little slow lately, so he wants to encourage more folks to stop by and share
their stories. He knows there are several lurkers in the tree, hiding among
the ferns and palm fronds, who like to listen but don't speak up very often. He
was thinking he should offer a free drink once in a while to draw them out.
So if you see somebody being shy, poke her a little so she will say something.
    I have noticed that Spring seems to be creeping northward in the US. We
heard about the redbuds in Bama coming out last week. Well, here in the
mountains of Western NC, the daffodils are popping up in my front yard, and there are
fat buds on the dogwood trees, so we're not far from a glorious show of color
in a few weeks. We had a mild winter, even for here, so we expect too much
rain in March. Hope the weather is nice for you in your neck of the woods.
       I'm going to rest here for a bit, drink my beer, and listen for
stories from our fellow tree dwellers. Have a nice day.

Later, John.