TheBanyanTree: The Winner Izzz!

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Tue May 18 08:23:29 PDT 2004

I finally won something. I haven't been a winner since I counted the right
amount of jelly beans n a big jar when I was in the fifth grade.

I buy a lottery ticket now and then, never won a dime. I buy an occasional
scratch-off, and win nada. At bowling I buy into the 50-50 game and never win.

But, I finally won.

There was a drawing at a local charity finction, so buying into the drawing
was madatory, with no thought of winning.

There were some great prizes offered, so, being as you had to be present to
win, I stayed to the bitter end.  They announced the prize, then the winner. I
waited my turn. They finally got through the auto, fishing boat, picnic
baskets, flower arrengements, and  finally TA_DAAAA!!!

I won an accupuncture session.

Now, why on earth would I voluntarily go someplace where someone will insert
needles into me . .for what?  I got no pains that cannot be cured by not
letting my big dog pull me around the block, or not walking into the low cabinet
one more time.

It's a nice certificate. Maybe I'll give it to someone as a gift.  "Go poke
yourself?"  No, not a gift.

Anyway, I finally won something. LOL

NancyLee