TheBanyanTree: The Blue Feather

Theta Brentnall theta at garlic.com
Thu Jun 24 18:36:50 PDT 2004

At 02:21 PM 6/24/04 -0700, you wrote:
> >I would love to be reminded of the story if anyone else remembers.

I remember a consummate wild woman who carried a metal ammo box for a purse

I remember someone who ferociously loved and took care of her rocket
scientists, and told me whenever she saw a neat airplane at the field

I remember silvery, sparkly majik dust and I still have the recipe

I remember someone who was always the first to welcome a new person to the
fold and who gently (much more gently than our Woofess) reminded us to play
nicely when we got out of hand

I remember the kissing booth she shared with our resident Marine.  I would
have gladly kissed both of them.

I remember someone who made a place in my heart where she will always live
even though I never saw her face.  I think about her every spring when the
bluebirds come back to nest, every time the coyotes howl at the full moon,
every time our boys and girls out in the great above and beyond do
something wonderful or dangerous.

Lucky you are, to have found a blue feather.

Theta