TheBanyanTree: Blue Feather

Roger Pye pyewood at pcug.org.au
Thu Jun 24 16:45:45 PDT 2004

Sharon Mack wrote:

>A while back someone (maybe Sherrie?) told a story about a woman who was
>part of the original set on the Banyan tree...a very spiritual woman and
>a feather.  I am slightly foggy right now but I remember writing back
>and telling the person I would watch for the feather...well, I found it
>this morning (the feather) as I walked the dogs and was praying a letter
>to my children...I recognized that it was a very spiritual find and I
>would love to be reminded of the story if anyone else remembers.

As YB would probably put it 'Honey, thanks fer the sentiments but
spiritual I ain't, I just does my own thang!'

I guess I'm not really qualified to tell the story, I only 'knew'
Youngblood from 1997 and there are people on TBT who were with her long,
long before. Alice for starters who was pretty much her lifelong friend
and looked after her so well towards the end.

YB contracted cancer. 'Doing her own thang' she defied it from the word
go to her very last breath. Every day at the beginning and every few
later on she sent her journal entry from the Defiance Diaries to the
Spoon (Cafe), detailing her experiences. To read about them was
memorable, frightening, saddening, uplifting by turns.

At the very, very end her ashes were ceremonially scattered in selected
places around the world by her friends.

To me, YB was inspiration, humour, sheer doggedness in the face of Life,
courage, a million other things. She lived, breathed and died practising
unconditional love for everyone who came within her reach. Out of her
living and dying came what I call the Legend of the Blue Feather. I
think most of us on Spoon and TBT have received one or more in times of
need or in recognition of some plea we have made to the Universe (God,
if you like). Robin and I certainly have. My website,
earth-careonline.com, which is woefully behind the times I'm sorry to
say, is headed by a blue feather, my email alias from that site is Blue
Feather.

I miss her very much.

The email below is one she sent to us which expresses her courage in the
face of adversity.

woodcat