TheBanyanTree: Stormy Weather

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Thu Jul 15 06:05:15 PDT 2004

All around us we have mighty storms...dangerous thunder storms and
flooding, lightening, tornados but here in our little valley surrounded
by the Berkshire Hills we have had gloomy skies and some rain.  We can
hear thunder rolling in the far off places.  I know it's probably due to
faulty memory but I don't ever remember such a weather events like
this.

My grandson is leaving this afternoon to go visit his father for a week
and is leaving from Albany airport.  Planes have been delayed big-time
for the last 24 hours.  Hopefully, now that the weather has temporarily
lightened up, his plane will leave on time.  We had originally planned
on each driving to a half-way point but  "Dad" nixed that at the last
minute much to my chagrin!!!!  So here we are...the 13 year old kid is
scared and I have no choice in the matter.  I love to fly myself, though
I haven't done very much of it but with these crazy weather patterns????
 I don't know.....I'd just as soon drive...not to speak of all the
terrorist bullshit and security blah! blah! blah!

I am trying to comfort the young man by showing him that the reason
there is back up is BECAUSE they want to keep the planes safe...that's
why they don't go up in the storms.....don't think I'm having much
effect on him, poor kid.  I handed him his breakfast and some head
phones with his CD player and he is quietly sitting in the lobby outside
my office.  Perhaps his mind has moved on to other things.  I certainly
hope so!