TheBanyanTree: Pieces of memories....

Sachet sachet at iline.com
Thu Jul 15 13:40:47 PDT 2004

I miss the four of them. Again. Most of the time, it's merely a fleeting
thought. But today, I just miss them so much it hurts. So I let their
memories wash over me and I let the tears fall.

I miss her lilting laugh...
Her enveloping love, ever-present, steadfast and pure....
The delicious meals she made that fed my body and soothed my soul....
The feeling that all was right with the world when she was with us...

I miss the way he would find an assortment of delectable chocolate
treats to tempt and please....
His wicked sense of humor and the impersonations that made me laugh
until my sides ached....
The way his blue eyes would smile....

I miss her bright smile, that pulled you smack dab into whatever she was
planning....
The gracious generosity of spirit mixed with helpful practicality...
Her special regard for my children and her gentle influence on their
lives....
Her listening ear, shoulder to cry on, and unending prayers.....

I miss his love, unchanging, tender-hearted and true...
I miss being his little girl, doted on and adored....
The daily weather reports over the phone, provided out of loving
concern.....
His stories, endless and varied, never boring, often amusing, always
fascinating...

Some would say that grieving is a passing stage. All neat and tidy,
tucked away.
But there are those of us that would disagree. Because every great once
in awhile, we know a different reality.
So today I am embracing, instead of pushing away, all the feelings of
loss, sorrow & pain.
Remembering what was, who they were and what they meant to me.
These special people who graced my life and helped me to grow
Into who I am now, more than I was, before they imprinted their own
unique touch

Pieces of memories fall down like tears
Missing someone has no boundaries in time...

...Sachet