TheBanyanTree: Quick Question

Theta Brentnall theta at garlic.com
Sat Feb 21 09:34:16 PST 2004

At 06:35 PM 2/21/04 +0930, Janice wrote:

>A couple of days later he asked me what my friends had said.  I had to
>confess that I hadn't asked.  So now I'm asking.  Do Americans have a two
>dollar note?

Yes, we do.  It has Thomas Jefferson on the front.  It's not very commonly
in circulation, except when you tour Monticello.  The entrance fee is $8.00
and they always give the change in $2 bills.   My dad always kept a stash
of them to give as tips.  He always got a little chuckle about how the
server would think he was getting less than the usual tip until he looked
at the bills and realized that he actually had gotten more than he expected.

Theta