TheBanyanTree: My, how time flies!

LaRose Karr rosiebay at kci.net
Tue Feb 17 21:29:46 PST 2004

Well I guess it's time I log in and give an account of when I joined Spoon
and the Banyan Tree.

I too started out at the campfire where folks got scorched in 1996.  My
tailfeathers suffered tremendously.  It was my very first internet
experience.

I tried the Spoon after that.  On a humorous note, in my naivete, I wrote to
a famous novelist named Barbara and said, "Barbara do you know there is a
place on the internet with a cafe theme where you can tell stories?"
Barbara never replied...you old timers will understand why.

I posted a piece to the Spoon and someone gave some feedback not at all like
the scorching fire folks but I was leary so I didn't post any more after
that.

In 2000 I joined the Banyan Tree and have been here ever since.

I have met Theta Bretnall and Jena Norton in person.  I really liked Wes.
I've known Peter since the campfire days and have been on other lists with
some of you.

I plan to visit the Woofden someday in Oz. And I enjoy all the stories on
the Banyan Tree.

LaRose