TheBanyanTree: more power?

Sachet Sachet at alltel.net
Sun Dec 5 10:55:32 PST 2004

One new thing to contend with in this northern climate of northwest
North Carolina is the drier air. Which, for the most part is a very
welcome relief after battling mold and mildew in southwest Florida for
so many years.

So I bought a hot steam vaporizer for the kid's rooms upstairs and it's
worked out beautifully.

I prefer a really cold bedroom at night, therefore I didn't want one for
our room. I could never have a decorative fountain in FL because of the
already high humidity, so a bedside fountain seemed like the perfect
solution to help humidify the room. Plus, there's the added decorative
and sound enhancements to enjoy.

When I found one with 3 tiered copper-ish bowls and a handful of
decorative pebbles, it was perfect. I noticed that it was battery
operated and thought that was a good thing, since I wouldn't have to
hassle with an ugly power cord. But! I didn't think about just how many
batteries it would go through, being ran every night, all night long.

Ok, so it has a handy dandy port for an electric transformer. While
waiting for the company to reply to my email query regarding where to
purchase one, I thought I'd try some of the multitude of orphan
transformers we have around the house.

Three didn't fit, but I was encouraged when I came across one that had
the right size of plug. Chelsea cautioned me as I happily walked off to
try it. She told me that I needed the right wattage, etc. As she told me
to make sure I had one the right power, I shrugged and said that all
that mattered was that it fit.

Thankfully, I had sense enough to bring the fountain and transformer
into the kitchen to test it out.

Because...well...evidently she was right. Power does make a huge
difference. So much so, that when I gleefully slide the end of the
transformer into the fountain port and then smugly plugged the
transformer into the wall outlet, the fountain became a geyser of water
shooting up clear to the kitchen ceiling, cascading down and hitting
Chelsea on the head, before running into the sink. I started dancing
around yelling..."Oh, oh, oh!", yanked that sucker outta the wall as
fast as I could and then we both fell into each other laughing so hard.

Geez. More power indeed.

...Sachet