TheBanyanTree: Life Savers

Mark Funk MARK at arboretum.umn.edu
Thu Aug 5 06:45:50 PDT 2004

>>> <Spoonoid at cs.com> 08/04/04 09:08PM >>>
Put up your hand if you feel like today you owe your life to the doctors.

Jim's story brought back memories for me too.  I spent two long months in the hospital back in 1998 and, like Jim, became well known by the hospital staff.  That adventure included a "bleed out" during which one doctor told my family they did not expect me to survive, but a rude and probably arrogant doctor, took charge and pulled me through the crisis.  I owe my life to him and a seemingly endless number of nurses, nursing assistants, orderlies, technicians, and other doctors.  I also owe the quality of my life to the procedures and medications that are available today.

Mark