TheBanyanTree: Life Savers

Spoonoid at cs.com Spoonoid at cs.com
Wed Aug 4 19:08:19 PDT 2004

Spoonoids:

       Reading Jim Miller's drama got me to thinking about my own visits to
the hospital.

       Back in the days when I was a young buck I was proud of myself for
being healthy and never needing to go to the doctor. Of course I had to put up
with the annual physical, or every three years physical, or however the schedule
worked out, but always felt it was really a waste of time and money. So if I
had lived in the middle ages, when there was no significant medical industry,
I would have been just as healthy then as I am.

       Now I'm an old fart and I realize that if it weren't for the medical
profession as it currently exists, I would now be either dead or serioulsy ill
and on the way out. Do all you other Banyans feel the same way about medicine
today? Put up your hand if you feel like today you owe your life to the
doctors. (No salesman will call.)

Later, John.