TheBanyanTree: Cell Phones

Sachet sachet at iline.com
Mon Sep 29 13:44:52 PDT 2003

You, odiferous? I think not, Batman.

Do you yell so that everyone for two counties can hear you? Nope, not you.
Do you have your ringer set so high that it makes the dandruff on the
guys shoulder four feet away jump around? Doubt it.
Do you use cuss words as you talk to your clients that would make a
sailor blush? Best guess would be "No".

Do you efficiently utilize a tool that is there for the ease and
convenience or your life as an entrepreneur trying to build and maintain
your business? Yep.

Are you wise to travel with a cell phone in case of an emergency? You
betcha.

Does a cell phone save another trip back to the store when you can call
home to see what you've forgotten off the grocery list? Oh yeah!

Is a cell phone a greatly appreciated life line between a doctor's
office and the patient when waiting for test results? Most assuredly.

Do I really, really like the fact that my cell phone has voice mail so
that when friends try to reach me (and my home line is busy due to the
teen population in my household), I know that they can leave me a
message that I will actually receive? Yepper.

Are cell phones inherently evil and the bane of my existence? (hyperbole
intended) <g>

Nope. Not by a long shot.

I darn well make sure my daughter has the cell phone whenever she leaves
the house. It makes me breathe a little bit easier to know that she
isn't totally "alone" as she ventures into the new world of driving,
working and being wonderfully independent.

....Sachet