TheBanyanTree: Cell Phones

Monique Young monique.ybs at verizon.net
Mon Sep 29 15:26:27 PDT 2003

I may be odiferous. I just might be. My dearest Sachet, I was trying to make
a point here. What sort of point? Well you may ask. I don't know. Anyway,
getting back to me  . . . (I'm in a disgruntled frame of mind, having had to
deal with two clients who don't understand the concept of "pay me and I'll
get it done, pay me not and you can keep saying you need something done from
now until forever and it ain't gonna matter) . . .

I have been asked by my weekend spouse to puhleeze, when he is here and I am
taking the Amazing Honey for a walk at night, to puhleeze take my cell phone
with me. We were gone longer than usual one night, and he became quite
worried. (Look, I know enough Aikido to fall down if I'm attacked, so what's
the problem?)

Of course, not that I mean to digress, but that logic has always escaped me.
On the nights he is not here, and I am out walking the Amazing Honey . . .
what happens should there be trouble, or not?

Let me try explaining it this way. When my ex-in-laws (ex being a rather
subjective term around here) visit, they always leave (eventually, they
always leave) with saying they will call when they arrive home. Arriving
home will take them 2 to 3 days, depending on how sluggish they are about
it. Usually 2. So when they arrive home, they immediately call to tell us
that they arrived safely. Okay, of course we're glad of that.

But most accidents happen within 10 miles of home. So if we're to be
concerned, shouldn't they call us to let us know they arrived home safely
every time they return from a trip to the corner market? Of course, we can't
go around being worried about people not making it home all the time, since
it's rather difficult to keep track of one's own movements, not to mention
the movements of fifty to a hundred of our closest friends and relatives . .

Where was I?

Or am I becoming odiferous? I think I am.

:)

Batman
Better Living Through Mass Confusion (Robin, I can get us out of this mess
if I can just confuse the masses.)