TheBanyanTree: Religious writings

R J Fernalld srfern at verizon.net
Wed Oct 29 02:16:47 PST 2003

I find I stand in disagreement with those who resent the religious content
of some of the writings that have found their way to The Banyan Tree and
wish that they be stopped. Let me explain...

My writings refect a negative attitude toward the Christian church, for
reasons I shall not reveal or defend here. But not once have any persons of
religious fervor contacted me privately with any disapproval at all. I have
felt here a great deal of respect for my writings here and I know not all
appreciate the content and obvious biases against organized religions and
other alternative views on life.

I also am a well trained person in Biblical Greek and Hebrew and have been
to seminary. Any person's belief or disbelief or doubt reflected in his or
her writing is a part of their experience. Just like there are two knobs on
the radio, says George Carlin in reference to those zealots who disapproved
of rock and roll....you can turn it off or change the station...you can
choose to read or delete.

I perhaps think there is room in this excellent space we inhabit around the
banyan tree to co-exist and respect each other, no? I am apt to quietly
employ the delete option on my computer if encountering something I would
rather not read...live and let live. I have been pleased that my often
alternate view" writings are not attacked by those who I know disagree. For
this I am glad and would not deny them their voice,....they have kindly
respected mine, I will respect theirs.

R J Fernalld