TheBanyanTree: Question??

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Wed Oct 15 08:06:31 PDT 2003

Have any of you ever seen the movie with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward
called, The Long Hot Summer???  There is a newer version with Don
Johnson which, believe it or not is equally as good.  I think it is the
hottest thing he has ever done....probably the ONLY thing that is
remotely good and he is excellent!

Anyway, I noticed in the credits (yeah, I actually read them on
occasion) that the script was taken from "The Hamlet," by William
Faulkner.  Well, I LOVED William Faulkner's, "As I Lay Dying," so I
decided to look into it.

I went to Alibras on the internet and found out it was taken from a
trilogy written by Faulkner called "Snopes." The main character (now,
get this) is named FLEM!  Yep, Flem Snopes.  Typical Faulkner...gives
away his character in a name.  I ordered it immediately.

So it was delivered yesterday  and I am so excited!  I am almost done
with "Captains and the Kings,"  by Taylor Caldwell and I can't wait to
start it.  Usually I will read several books at one time, but I have the
feeling I should give this my full attention knowing Faulkner.

If anyone has read any of this, I would love to hear your opinions,
whether you liked it or not.  It will peak my curiosity even more.

Thanks, Sharon