TheBanyanTree: Friday

Monique Young monique.ybs at verizon.net
Fri Jun 13 15:39:16 PDT 2003

Talked to my brother-in-law today. Well, I didn’t talk to him, I chatted
with him, on Messenger. I do a lot of communicating that way. He’s in
Wyoming anyway. The husband of Stew’s sister, Margie.

See, it seems that Margie has gone off the deep end, jumping not into the
shallow end as she should. There’s part of the pool that should be closed
down altogether, down by the deep end, but people keep going down there
anyway and jumping off. She’s been in pain for years, physical pain that no
one has been able to diagnosis correctly nor treat. A symptom of a deeper
pain perhaps?

Margie was rejected by her father at a young age, and Stew’s father has
always been her father instead. She never knew her own father, and when she
tried to meet him, he wanted nothing to do with her. Or is that my own
stepsister I’m thinking of? My stepsister did not know she had another
father until the one she thought was her father died, and when she went to
find out who this mystery man was, he rejected her. The only difference in
the two stories, Margie’s and my step-sister’s, is that Margie’s pseudo-dad
(who is, just like my step-sister’s, just as much a real dad as any real
dad) is still alive.

Anyway. That wasn’t my point. Margie’s having problems. Left her husband,
acting irrationally, paranoid, delusional, hanging onto a woman that no one
knows anything about . . . naturally the family’s worried about her.

So Terry and I chatted for a bit today, first time ever, both of us wanting
to help the ones we married, but not sure how to go about it. I at least
have more experience in that regard, a bit more than he does anyway. He’s
not used to being home alone at night, not knowing where his wife is, if she
’s okay. Sometimes she’s incommunicado altogether, and no one knows where to
even find her.

Chatted with Orvis last night – his Internet has been out for a few days, so
it was pretty cool to be able to do that again. We miss that, when we can’t
have that daily chat – email’s not the same. Yeah, he loves me, I love him,
whatever. It doesn’t really matter because love cannot conquer all, but it
does matter. He was quite insistent that I get to the doctor for a small
matter, wanted to know if I went, when I went, what the doctor said, what to
do now . . . he’s so afraid I’ll up and die on him.

I’m going out with phonemonkey again tonight. A nice Iowa boy. Tech support
at Microsoft. Eeeks! We’ll go have some dinner, do some talking. Talking’s
good for me, doesn’t matter what it’s about, just to get out and talk to
other people who don’t love me quite so much that they’re constantly worried
about me, like Stew and Orvis.

All my new clients cancelled this week. Postponed actually. My Aikido
instructor was not yet ready to do his past taxes, but wants to get his
business set up, so I need to get started on that anyway, and then do his
taxes, or farm them out to my CPA. A transmission shop needs me to figure
out what happened for the past four months, but she found she’s missing 20k
in sales for one month, and needs to straighten that out first. (I could
find it myself, but they save themselves some money if they look first.) An
older client, a hairstylist who is responsible for the state of my hair, has
gone out on her own and is now selling product as well, and I need to set
her up at her home – she realized she wouldn’t have time today and besides
needs to get her computer fixed. Well, yes, that would be helpful. At least
now I don’t feel so bad about canceling on last Friday’s networking
breakfast she had talked me into going. And my favorite client has more work
for more next week, as I begin their personal financial recordkeeping going
back to August of 2001 when they opened their checking account

I don’t do mornings so well these days. Probably because I don’t sleep. My
CPA is having the same problem, says it’s because of allergies.

Oh, Stew’s here with a caffeinated beverage for me.

Batman