TheBanyanTree: Christmas

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 25 05:20:08 PST 2003

Blessed by the Christmas sunshine, our natures, perhaps long leafless, bring
forth new love, new kindness, new mercy, new compassion.
--Helen Keller

The smell of roasted turkey still lingers in the house this morning.
Christmas cookies in their colored sugared finery rest on silver plates on
the dining room table.  The candles are shorter.

The boys’ excited laughter from last night is just a ringing echo from the
night before.  Santa Claus came and went yesterday afternoon, and the
stockings are empty, hanging lifeless on the fireplace mantle.

The black cat blasted out of the house last night and found his way back
this morning.  Fortunately, his ears and feet are not frostbitten.

We have full bellies and happy hearts.  And instead of sitting on our big
butts today, eating rich candy cane pie and drinking calorie laden eggnog,
we decided to go ice skating this afternoon.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at earthlink.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the
idle seashore of the mind.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow