TheBanyanTree: Downtime

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 26 05:35:12 PST 2003

No stores were open yesterday.  Very few restaurants were serving food.  The
noisy cities were quiet for just a few hours.  That’s the beauty of
Christmas.  Whether we celebrate the holiday as Christians, or as the Winter
Solstice, or if the day means nothing more than a time off of work, it’s a
day when the American culture machine comes to a halt.

Now if we could just cut off the TV stations for 24 hours, Christmas would
be perfect.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at earthlink.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.bpwmn.org

Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the
idle seashore of the mind.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow