TheBanyanTree: NO LONGER HUMBUG (I GUESS!)

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Thu Dec 18 07:15:40 PST 2003

NO LONGER HUMBUG (I GUESS!)

The phone message light was blinking and I figured it was my son calling me back after my last hang up.  I decided to ignore it and go down to the cafeteria and have some breakfast.  I treated myself to some carbs, a croissant with egg and cheese.  Something I NEVER do!  But I felt I deserved it.

I came back to the office with breakfast in hand.  I was in no mood for people.  I ate my sandwich and drank my coffee watching that light blink and blink.  I was determined not to call him back no matter what.  I was still very angry.  I was hoping the comfort food and coffee would take the edge off.  Then I cried and took a lorazapam with my next gulp of coffee.

After about a half hour the phone rang.  I picked it up with my usual work greeting.  It was my son.  He was thoroughly humbled and said he was sorry and then came the 'but' and I stopped him before he ruined a good thing.  We talked, he told me he loved me and he was REALLY sorry and I said I loved him, too.  I told him I would send the gloves back*.he said, "Really?"  I said yeah, they would give me a credit on my account.  He sounded disappointed.

And then I called Johnny's mother to see if Johnny would like one of the homemade fleece couch throws that my co-worker's mother made.  She said yes, he'd LOVE that and so I bought one for Johnny from my son.

And the gloves will go to my son from me.

Like I said, I AM OUT OF MY MIND!!!!