TheBanyanTree: HUMBUG CONTINUED

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Thu Dec 18 06:34:35 PST 2003

HUMBUG CONTINUED

Well, my son called me at work a few minutes ago and gave me an apology that seriously left me wanting!  He proceeded once more to explain that he was only trying to tell me how inappropriate my gift was so I wouldn't embarrass myself and him*..I went off this time.

I told him that NO gift was EVER inappropriate that was given with thought and from the heart.  That I would not be embarrassed to give the gift and I know that Johnny would NEVER think that way.  That it was my son's attitude that was on wrong and he better turn it around.  But, he said, it would be wasted and I said, yeah, like all those gifts you gave me when you were little were wasted, right?  NO!  They were NOT wasted!  I loved those gifts.  It didn't matter if they were technically useless or not one of my deepest wished for items*they were from HIM and that made them the best presents ever!

He said I had to calm down and I said I would NOT!  That this time it was about ME!  That I was feeling mean and selfish and hurt and for once I wanted something from him.  I wanted respect, and kindness and for him to make me feel better for once instead of the other way around.  He said, oh here it comes, the guilt and I said, "YES, BECAUSE YOU ARE GULITY!  GUILTY OF THOUGHTLESSNESS TOWARD OTHERS IN GENERAL AND ME IN PARTICULAR!

And then I hung up on him again.