TheBanyanTree: Bad Pizza

Maria Gibson mgibson7 at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 9 08:25:49 PDT 2003

Might I join in and ask: is it a man thang?

I knew I was in for a lifetime of averting danger for Randy on the 22 year ago
infamous 'potpie' day.  We had put a potpie into the 'fridge from the freezer.
Why?  Who knows, we were freshly married and had only one thing on our minds,
really...perhaps passion had risen within the time it takes to get a potpie out?
Pot pie quickly slammed into 'fridge so the business of love could be persued?  I
don't know, really, but it makes the story romantic so I'll keep it in.

Pot pie diverted from freezer to 'fridge due to swelling passions licking at our
heels, bosoms heaving.  Done.

Some days later, must have been very many days later, Randy digs it out to bake.  It
has swelling it its own right by this time and looks bulgy and gooey, leaking from
the corners.  He turns the oven on as I turn an unbelieveing eye on him.

"You're not going to *bake* that thing?"
"Not only will I bake it but I'll *eat* it!!"

He looks proud of himself at this point.

"Throw it away."

"...butbutbut....."

"Throw.  It away."

"...sigh...ok"

And, so, 22 some years later, Randy lives for passionate, bosom heaving love to this
day thanks to me.

No applause necessary.

Maria