TheBanyanTree: Silly admin stuff

Sachet sachet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:55:41 PST 2023

Paul~e_e, thanks so much for continuing to keep us afloat. It’s a labor of
love and I appreciate it.

As for me, I’ve recovered from Covid fine, except for the way my blood
sugar will drop so abruptly leaving me weak & dizzy until I eat. Scotty had
that same issue after having had Covid. We’re still waiting for him to get
a fluoroscopy needle biopsy. It’s taking so long, the underlying tension is
getting to me.

This morning I am battling my hurt feelings and deep annoyance over Glenn
popping over to visit his daughter & son-in-law without me for the upteenth
time. I can’t wrap my head around why I am not invited to go with him. I
always make sure he knows he is welcome and expected to come with me when
we go to Chelsea & Chad’s. It’s a given. It feels like the natural & normal
thing to do.

But, he is so possessive of his daughter. Who couldn’t be bothered to visit
her father for Thanksgiving or Christmas. She & I had a small dust-up over
that. She began to get all het up self-righteous and thought she could yell
at me. I calmly and firmly told her that I would not continue our
discussion if she yelled at me. She apologized and we had an excellent
discussion during which she agreed to see a counselor. She has several
emotional wounds that need the help of a professional. I keep praying she
will make the appointment. I keep sending small gifts and cards of
encouragement, not nudgy though.

Glenn has her on this Princess Pedestal. Which also annoys me. Jim & I
didn’t raise Chelsea to believe she is a Princess. Or daddy’s little
princess. So, I have a hard time understanding that mindset. And, I realize
I am being a bit judgmental about it. I’m working on that.

I’ve told him that I want to go visit them. It’s gotten me nowhere. I think
it’s because when I have gone in the past (when we first met) Katie talks
to me a lot. I think he feels like he gets so little time with her and so
it’s hard to share her. She and her husband spend 85% of their time over at
his parents house. And, she posts on FB about the great times they have.
Along with posts about things they do with her mom. I think it hurts him a
lot to be so left out.

But, he doesn’t place any expectations on his daughter or son. He says he
doesn’t want to guilt them into spending time with him. I get that, but I
also understand the normal level of expectations that relatives, especially
parents, place on their children, specifically around holidays. By not
placing one single expectation he leaves this void. And, of course they go
where expectations are present. Does that make sense?

I’m really struggling with the issue of not ever being invited to visit
Katie & Mason. How can I ever get to know them better if I am never allowed
around them? Mason and I get along really well. As do Katie & I.

I think I should bring it up to Glenn again that it would be nice if I was
invited at least every 3rd or 4th visit. What do y’all think?