TheBanyanTree: Two Days; Two Funerals

dale.m.parish at gmail.com dale.m.parish at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 11:28:24 PDT 2021

Tobie rote:
> Cremation can create an anonymity that adds to the grieving. When I go, put me in a plain box and return me to the earth.
> I want to contribute to growing plants and flowers. Then nobody need come visit me to slap a swatch of plastic posies on the site.

Tobie;
I don't know or understand the anonymity of cremation, but each to their own.  As the patron for my  Parish family now, I've inherited unofficially the problems with a family cemetery that isn't under any kind of perpetual care arrangement, and because there's no deed of the three tracts that went in to form the joint cemetery, under Texas law, mostly written by the undertakers association, we can't create a cemetery association without many more dollars in lawyers fees than it would take to fund perpetual care.  I'd rather be cremated or put into one of those tree plantings with the ashes so that no one has to worry about who mows the weeds over my plot.  I've filed the papers to donate my body to science knowing that the universities will dispose of the ashes after this body has served any more useful purpose after I'm through with it.  Seems we can't just go out without leaving problems for someone else.

Glad you enjoyed the recollections.

Hugs,
Dale
--
Dale M. Parish			For All Of Mankind'S Supposed Accomplishments,
628 Parish RD			Our Continued Existence Is Dependent Upon 20