TheBanyanTree: A Day at the Beach

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:36:20 PDT 2020

A day after giving Ash a bath, which made him shiny black and smell good, which is helpful when he's sleeping on my pillow, or curled up next to me, we went to the beach.

It was warm and sunny and the boys walked down the beach and out to Haystack Rock, and they returned exhausted. Ash decided he was warm, so he started digging to make himself a pit to sleep in, but he miscalculated and rolled over onto the sand he'd just dug up.

These are the things that keep me safe in a world of chaos. My husband, and my dog, and the ocean, which I can listen to for hours. When I'm not at the beach I just ask Alexa to play the waves for me.