TheBanyanTree: Second thoughts on Tulsa

trsmith44 trsmith44 trsmith44 at cox.net
Wed Jun 24 20:13:38 PDT 2020

>From the coverage I watched, among the street people, those wearing
masks were far in the minority, as if the coronavirus is something
dismissable. Food trucks are nice, but nobody can eat with a mask on.
One rally scene sticks in my mind -a big tall guy without a mask standing
and blocking views, bobbing his head, picking his nose, and wiping his
mouth. The virus doesn't care about politics but I'm pretty sure it will thin
the ranks of stupid. I confess to perceiving that part of the Tulsa
Saturday, along with the peace and love Russ pointed out, as hopeful.

Tom