TheBanyanTree: A literary step

peter macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jan 5 22:43:24 PST 2020

Today, I have pushed things a step forward in the grandchildren's
literary future. As deer and fox hunters say, they have been blooded.
Izzy and Pippa have been with us all day, and a tiny taste of rain came
through with a lot of thunder, which nloise they distinctly Do Not Like.

Pippa was on my lap (for safety from the thunder) as I did some rubbish
editing on 'Mistaken for Granite: earth science for poets, puppeteers
and pugilists' (pro tem working title,) and she asked what I was doing,
so I explained, and offered her the option of pressing the key to add
full stops at the end of selected headings. So she pressed the 'button'
and learned that it's called a 'key' and that the dot is called a full stop.

Izzy heard the conversation and jumped down from Chris' lap and came
over, I shifted Pip to my left leg and Izzy slipped onto the right leg,
and they took it in turn, and learned that there's a delete key.

So now they can legitimately get a credit for doing some of the full
stops. One book, written when their father Duncan was two, had credits
to "Angus and Cate who carried the equipment, and Duncan who sometimes
was the equipment".

Alastair and Brianna have several credits up already.  It makes  great
show and tell...

Now I need to get a shot of them doing something rockish.

peter