TheBanyanTree: Wherein Peter goes shopping (peter macinnis)

twigllet at gmail.com twigllet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 06:09:18 PDT 2020

My thoughts, exactly, Tobie. One of my sisters (Lorie) and I had a looong Fb conversation about this, last night. We avoided the phone, so as not to involve her precocious five year old. Lorie doesn’t have an unkind bone in her body, but the prevailing insanity has triggered some unwholesome feelings which surprise her, and I’m disgusted with people. I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my heart, and so, I avoid talking to Trump supporters, almost entirely, which includes another sister. To be fair, she is confused...but I still don’t let her abuse me. There are others I know who just don’t have any excuse. I haven’t insulted them or their support of him, so why the he’ll do they feel compelled to rip me to shreds because I don’t share their views? Completely barbaric.

In noticing that Mexico has bumped the UK for the bronze medal, I saw that Brazil holds the silver and the US wins the gold for the most cases of the virus, globally. How impressive our indifference is.

Linda