TheBanyanTree: Wherein Peter goes shopping (peter macinnis)

Kitty Park mzzkitty at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 13:39:10 PDT 2020

I am resigned to the fact that many Americans are under-educated and
self-absorbed.

Perhaps others saw the photo of a crowded high school hallway where few, if
any, of the students were masked and social distancing was impossible.
"Facing a fierce online backlash, (the Dallas, Georgia principal) Otott
<https://www.paulding.k12.ga.us/domain/5300>told parents and guardians in a
letter
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/08/05/viral-photo-crowded-georgia-high-school-hallway-lacks-context-superintendent-says/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news&itid=lk_inline_manual_13>earlier
in the week that the images 'didn’t look good.' But he argued that they
lacked context about the 2,000-plus student school, where masks are a
'personal choice.'”

Then there are the 250,000 motorcyclists who are expected in Sturgis, South
Dakota, for their annual 4-day weekend.  Masks are optional.  Social
distancing?  The woman interviewed shrugged her shoulders, smiled, and said
they had to live their lives.

Obviously our national situation won't improve soon.  My hope is that those
of us who continue to be diligent about following safety guidelines will
survive.

Kitty
kcp-parkplace.blogspot.com